19 yr Old Girl Killed by Coyotes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did notice tha tthe Canadians are just a step better than our own Park Service...They at least said "carry a Knife"...could you ever imagine ours even recomending pepper spray?? Remeber make yourself look big and threatening, if attacked try to fend them off or play dead...you would NEVER hear...um carry a knife!! and never would yo get the recomendation to leave the IPod home! Hurray for Canada...at least this once!!!

V1K1NG0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I heard about this a while back. Really sad.

The area where I'm at is full of coyotes due to all of the cattle. I see one or two every few days. The last one I got was messing with the trash. I thought it was just one those feral dogs but when I went to look at it in the morning it was a coyote. Now I take my 30-30 with me when I go get the mail. I know they serve their purpose in the scheme of things but I just don't care for them. Shoot on sight.

V@rmint

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a coyote chase my little dog in the front door last spring, and if I had opened the door wider and stepped out of the way I think he would have came in the house. I stepped out into the front yard and he just stood there and looked at me. He hung around for quite a while before trotting away. My neighborhood houses are too close together to go shooting in the dark or I would have blasted him.

OkieOFT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So...She was in the coyotes kitchen, and they tried to eat her? I don't see it being any different than hopping off of a perfectly good boat into shark infested waters. Might as well cover yourself in steak sauce and kiss your ass goodbye.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
whats a good coyote gun? the only thing I have right now may be to much, 7.62X39..

That 7.62x39 would do just fine. :thumb:

Hell, if they get close enough, a good scattergun would be ideal.

Is there such a thing as "too much gun" if you are just exterminating? If you don't mind spending the scratch on the ammo... fire away.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a shame....

I live in the sticks and I'll tell you what the past year I haven't seen any turkeys like I'm used to nor have I seen hardly any squirrel, let alone rabbits.

We have some chickens and every now and then one ends up missing, my little girl found the remains of one the other day..

Which brings me to my point: I have a 35# bird dog that was attacked last summer by a coyote my little 7yr old girl witnessed the whole thing, luckily my dog got away with a scrape on her side..

I'd love to kill me some coyotes they're running in numbers lately, and after reading that I'm worried about my kids..

whats a good coyote gun? the only thing I have right now may be to much, 7.62X39..

Not too much gun, but too short range to be an ideal coyote gun, plus most guns that shoot this round are not as accurate as bolt guns.

I think you would like a .243 for coyotes. Ammo is common and less expensive than most center fire, velocity is high, trajectory is flat, recoil is minimal, and with proper bullets you can kill deer with it. Also, .243 bolt guns are often available used, and there are some very low cost single shots available from NEF.

There are many other good calibers. I have a 25-06 that's deadly accurate and good for 300 yards plus. Lots of folks use the 22-250, and .223 works well too. I have a friend (a rancher) who kills about one a week, year round, with a 6mm Remington (very similar to .243). His longest kill so far is about 400 yards.

If you can kill 'em with your AK or SKS (I presume it's one or the other), just do it. I think you'll find yourself wanting more range and more accuracy. CB

Latest posts

Top Bottom