Lost a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. I know this pain. I lost my bestie a couple of years ago. We were buddies all through school and for years after. I miss him alot.

Sounds like your friend went out with his boots on. What a way to go! May God take him and welcome him home. Prayers for those left behind.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has definitely not been a great weekend. Got a call tonight that I lost a great friend. He was elk hunting in Colorado and started feeling bad. Ended up going in to the emergency room and found he was having a heart attack. It got worse, he coded, came back with a low pulse then passed within the hour. I had hunted with him in that same area a couple times before and he called last Tuesday and said, “Pack your bags and go with us!” Little did I know that would be our last conversation.

Many of you have seen pictures of my cabin. He helped me do a lot of work on that place. From filling in an old pond, installing my wood stove or just sighting in rifles on the range. I am still processing everything but it’s going to be tough for a while.
Sorry for your loss. 🙏

cmc tom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss. Just know he'll be waiting for you to arrive with a hug and a new hunting area already scouted.
Screenshot_20221114-093040_Gallery.jpg

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that. A heart attack almost took my dad and if not for someone coming around a corner and finding him on the floor he wouldn't be here right now. It's a scary possibility for all of us. He said "I never even knew what happened. I was stepping into the truck one minute, then I just wasn't there anymore. I woke up in this hospital bed. If I had to go, I think that'd be the way I wanted to go"

That gives me a little peace, especially since he's got an 80% chance of it happening again. I hope it does for you too knowing your friend went as peacefully as can be expected aside from the experience up to that point.
We'll be adding your family and his to our prayers tonight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom