Lost a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has definitely not been a great weekend. Got a call tonight that I lost a great friend. He was elk hunting in Colorado and started feeling bad. Ended up going in to the emergency room and found he was having a heart attack. It got worse, he coded, came back with a low pulse then passed within the hour. I had hunted with him in that same area a couple times before and he called last Tuesday and said, “Pack your bags and go with us!” Little did I know that would be our last conversation.

Many of you have seen pictures of my cabin. He helped me do a lot of work on that place. From filling in an old pond, installing my wood stove or just sighting in rifles on the range. I am still processing everything but it’s going to be tough for a while.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You hate to lose a friend. They are gone forever but one thought you should keep in mind is that he passed doing what he really enjoyed and didn't have to linger like cancer.
You have a very good point on the lingering. At this time my 97-year-old stepdad is in the hospital with dementia and won't eat. It is really taking a toll on my mom. The hospital staff is doing what they can but, this isn't much hope. I could get a call any minute to head to Va.

Latest posts

Top Bottom