1908 Waltham

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mr Thor managed to work his magic once again and brought another family treasure back to life. This is a Model 1908 Waltham made the first year of production (1908). Was my father’s namesake “Uncle Hal’s” as a gift on his 21st birthday. What an absolute joy to have this pocket watch in the rotation. It is keeping amazing time not losing but a minute over the course of 4-5 days if I wind it both morning and night.

Thank you thank you thank you.

IMG_7174.jpeg
IMG_7175.jpeg

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr Thor managed to work his magic once again and brought another family treasure back to life. This is a Model 1908 Waltham made the first year of production (1908). Was my father’s namesake “Uncle Hal’s” as a gift on his 21st birthday. What an absolute joy to have this pocket watch in the rotation. It is keeping amazing time not losing but a minute over the course of 4-5 days if I wind it both morning and night.

Thank you thank you thank you.

View attachment 413505View attachment 413506
That sir, is freaking awesome. Happy for you getting that going again!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being I don’t wear a vest I’m trying to figure out a good way to secure it and to where. I think I’m just going to enlarge one of the holes in my belt, making it just large enough to comfortably fish the little doodad through and call it good. I’d hate to drop the watch when retrieving it from my pocket.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harken's back to a time when America has made some seriously awesome time pieces and kept up with the Swiss. Correct me if I am wrong, but watches and movements made in America in the past include:

Ball
Illinois
Waltham
Hamilton
Bulova
Benrus

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being I don’t wear a vest I’m trying to figure out a good way to secure it and to where. I think I’m just going to enlarge one of the holes in my belt, making it just large enough to comfortably fish the little doodad through and call it good. I’d hate to drop the watch when retrieving it from my pocket.
That’s gorgeous. Perhaps for everyday wear you could swap the chain out with a belt clip chain, keeping the watch handy and preventing damage to the most fragile piece of the puzzle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom