1908 Waltham

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually I think this is going to work pretty well. Whatcha think?
View attachment 413761
I think that if you’re gonna tease us without a closer look at that dump truck and sidearm you’re carrying around, then you’re just cruel.

But, the watch looks great. I like the pizzazz that the chain has. I would be concerned about snagging that chain on something, honestly.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful Waltham! That looks like a Simmons chain. Got a pic of the movement?
Here ya go.

1695773082211.jpeg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Harken's back to a time when America has made some seriously awesome time pieces and kept up with the Swiss. Correct me if I am wrong, but watches and movements made in America in the past include:

Ball
Illinois
Waltham
Hamilton
Bulova
Benrus
Among many other makers. We didn't keep up with the Swiss. America (for a time) dominated watchmaking. Swiss makers came to America to get up to speed on new manufacturing processes, machinery, etc. American watchmaking was the first to come up with interchangeable parts, something the Swiss had been trying to do for a while. We got taxed to hell, were slow to transition to the demand for wristwatches after WW1, and very low import tariffs on Swiss goods created a ripe market for the Swiss watchmaking industry to take over.

Latest posts

Top Bottom