1911 Pistols: Colt v Springfield Armory

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the person that said he never seen a Glock rust.
Yes they can.
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, right... Because 74 years of the same guns being issued and used by the US military wasn't a good enough "field test".

You realize that they were way past their prime when the Beretta was issued. Even the most recent attempts to reissue the 1911 ended in failure.

I love 1911s, but I’m also enough of a realist to see they shortcomings of the platform.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You probably think revolvers are just a fad, too...

They served a purpose till a better invention came along, as in the 1911, then more modern ones as the Glock was invented. You can keep writing longgggggg diatribes trying to convince yourself. Proof is in the pudding!
Everywhere you look and read, Sig vs Glock, CZ vs Glock etc etc etc in ever Gun magazine or Gun Website continually! There resides your Pudding!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ummm... You were the first one to mention Glocks, dude. No one else was comparing them to anything. This thread started as a simple post about similar pistols from different makers.

But that's usually the way it goes. Glock fanatics can't seem to take it personally when someone else likes a gun better than a Glock. FFS...sometimes they act like they gave birth to the damn thing.

Nope. Wrong. Best go back to page 4! LOL! ‘‘Twas not me! Cseverns and then you brought up Glocks, up to that page all I stated is I traded the only 1911 I owned for 2 Glocks! LOL!

I know the truth and reality about 1911’s, they have been replaced with more modern and quality weapons offered out there! And I understand that is a hard pill to swallow.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You realize that they were way past their prime when the Beretta was issued. Even the most recent attempts to reissue the 1911 ended in failure.

I love 1911s, but I’m also enough of a realist to see they shortcomings of the platform.

Yes...I realize the guns that were in service were long overdue for replacement. You realize you don't need to be condescending in everything you say, right?

And what "most recent attempts" are you referring to? There have been several. Colt outfitted the Marines with the M45A1 not too many years ago. Some units are still using them.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Wrong. Best go back to page 4! LOL! ‘‘Twas not me! Cseverns and then you brought up Glocks, up to that page all I stated is I traded the only 1911 I owned for 2 Glocks! LOL!

I know the truth and reality about 1911’s, they have been replaced with more modern and quality weapons offered out there! And I understand that is a hard pill to swallow.

Nope. Wrong. You were the first one to mention "Glock"...which is exactly what I said. Post #5.

And you should probably look up the word "diatribe". I don't think you quite understand the definition of that word.

And good on you for ignoring some of the troubles Glock has had in the past. I guess swallowing the entire bottle of pills is much harder than swallowing just one...

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope. Wrong. You were the first one to mention "Glock"...which is exactly what I said. Post #5.

And you should probably look up the word "diatribe". I don't think you quite understand the definition of that word.

And good on you for ignoring some of the troubles Glock has had in the past. I guess swallowing the entire bottle of pills is much harder than swallowing just one...

You are funny! I did say I traded for a Glock. You and cseverns started the dissing! Haaaa! Bye!

Latest posts

Top Bottom