1962 OKC highway map.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wedgewood and Spring Lake Amusement Parks. Fun times. This map is apparently not old enough to show where the original; site was for the state fair. I got to metal detect it several years ago and found some old wheaties, Idian Heads, Barber Dimes and a Seated quarter.

Does anyone here remember or even know where that was? I'll bet most don't even know.
I don't. Where was it?
Back then was when people carried coins. I recall being there when a ferris wheel stopped and the top cage pretty much remained upside down and coins fell from a rider came out of their pockets. I was a kid and it was the sound of big money.

67RS/SSx2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this interesting. Thought some of you might too.

It shows the old Grand Blvd loop and I-40 west of I-35 is just a suggestion.

View attachment 420539
That is cool. I have several old maps from when I was younger but I don't think I-40 west is missing on any of them. I think the west segment of I-40 was built in the mid 60s.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1697502674672.png

Fill in the blank ;)

kcatto

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They were amusement parks.. wasn't Wedgewood around nw 63rd nw highway just west of nw 63rd intersection. I think I remember Spring lake was on south side near where okc spring lake police division is now...

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wedgewood and Spring Lake Amusement Parks. Fun times. This map is apparently not old enough to show where the original; site was for the state fair. I got to metal detect it several years ago and found some old wheaties, Idian Heads, Barber Dimes and a Seated quarter.

Does anyone here remember or even know where that was? I'll bet most don't even know.

Just east of I35 and south of NE 10th I believe. Water treatment plant used to be just south of that location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom