1984: It's Not Just For Governments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you handle a request for access to your private accounts?

• Tell them to get stuffed.

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Politely decline with no explanation.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Decline with an explanation as to why.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other (post your response in the thread).

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was law enforcement. They are looking for someone who will best represent their department, and they don't want some meathead who posts stupid crap on their facebook. I totally understand that.

The interviewer just said, "we will need temporary access to your social networking accounts."

I assume if you didn't have those accounts, it would be all the better to them

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If it is legal for private employers to ask for the information then I suppose it would all depend on how bad I wanted the job. Its just the next logical step up from drug testing.

Michael

Is it legal if they obtain information that is illegal to outright ask you for or require on your application?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One more reason i'm glad I don't have a facebook or twitter or any of that crap. I get on my wife's and chat with my best friend in afghanistan from time to time. Reassures me why I don't have one! I chose option 4 since I don't have one for them to check.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't post anything on Facebook that I wouldn't say any place at any time to anyone. Most of my posts are just jokes about my wife. Last week I changed us to an "open relationship" to get her girlfriends to gossip. HAHAHAHAHAHA

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a stupid Facebook account that my son forced me to open to look at his.
I've never been on it but once to post a pic. 5 years now and it still amazing how many people that I see on a weekly basis or more want to be my "friend".
Why not just call?

Latest posts

Top Bottom