2+2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the current environment leads me to think that If the vegetable plant suppliers didn't put on a greater number of plants that veggie plants may be in short supply. The seed potatoes are gone here locally as well as the onion sets. Given the said environment I would suspect more folks are going to try they're hand at gardening. But then I might be stuck in a day dream too. lol. I myself have been pushing those that I come into contact with. Funny thing is that it goes in 1 ear and out the other with most of them. If you buy your veggie plants, you might want to consider this thought.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know lots of folks that “got into” gardening during the Obummer sh*t show but dropped out when times got better under President Trump. I suspect you’re right about interest in gardening picking up again given the current situation.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree, been a uptick in people interested in getting started gardening. Have had several request from people wanting to borrow my tiller to break ground. I don't mind on the remote chance people start to wake up and accept personal responsibility for themselves instead of being part of the give me crowd. We are headed for harder times I'm afraid. That is why I try to prepare as best I can. Got cattle on the hoof, goats, chickens, just butchered a hog and veggies in the green house. Garden tilled and will start planting next week hopefully.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree, been a uptick in people interested in getting started gardening. Have had several request from people wanting to borrow my tiller to break ground. I don't mind on the remote chance people start to wake up and accept personal responsibility for themselves instead of being part of the give me crowd. We are headed for harder times I'm afraid. That is why I try to prepare as best I can. Got cattle on the hoof, goats, chickens, just butchered a hog and veggies in the green house. Garden tilled and will start planting next week hopefully.
Love thy brother. I hope to God we don't find ourselves having to defend such a set up.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Love thy brother. I hope to God we don't find ourselves having to defend such a set up.
That is why I keep saying one of us needs to win the lotto, buy a mile section or more and sell 5 or 10 acre lots around the perimeter to established OSA members. Make kind of a communal farm type thing. We all plant our own veggies, chickens, rabbits, etc but work together for large livestock. We all help protect each other. Yea I know it will never work but it is a nice dream. Especially if we get enough land for a nice range setup too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom