2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to do a European mount on my buck.

Do you have somebody in mind? I do, and can offer some examples of his work if you want. He is in OKC. I was VERY satisfied with his European. He's done a deer and a bobcat for me.

He does conventional taxidermy, but I've not had one done by him, so can offer no recommendation.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Took the morning off because I finally got the West wind I needed for a stand I put up this year. At 7:30 I saw a deer making it's way into the opening. As she stepped behind a ceder at the edge of the field, I drew my bow. She stepped out and I settled my pin behind her shoulder. She ran about 15 feet, walked another 10 feet, then fell over. Quick and clean.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I hope she tastes good. I've never taken a deer from this location and am wondering. There's an area where I hunt on public land that I don't dare shoot a young deer. They are gamey as hell until they are 3 years old. My 6.5 buck from earlier this year is the best venison I've ever had.

Latest posts

Top Bottom