2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you do kill a buck this late, may be careful about dragging him by the antlers, might pop right off! I think Jared made a post the other day about seeing some that have already shed, and I'm sure he would know. I have not seen any yet and don't really start looking till late February.

Saw a guy shoot a giant Ohio buck on a hunting show once, in the 180" class. They drug it about 10' and right one popped off! So much for that B&C score:(

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw a guy shoot a giant Ohio buck on a hunting show once, in the 180" class. They drug it about 10' and right one popped off! So much for that B&C score:(

2.bp.blogspot.com__DxepRsts2zw_UZOyN56iHyI_AAAAAAAABgI_8QMUXMKIZGo_s1600_gorilla_glue.jpg

ElkStalkR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you do kill a buck this late, may be careful about dragging him by the antlers, might pop right off! I think Jared made a post the other day about seeing some that have already shed, and I'm sure he would know. I have not seen any yet and don't really start looking till late February.

Thats been my experience in Oklahoma as well. Sometimes colder winters are known for taking their toll on antlers though!

indi

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks sticky stokes. I only got one picture but had a HELL of an adventure tracking the buck, felt like he went on forever before he passed. Followed the blood trail for about an hour. The buck ran around this huge hill between two properties. After getting permission from the neighboring owner we continued on the search and found him behind neighbors 600 yard target......lol. neighbor was watching us with his thermal vision, said we spooked a whole bunch of deer walking around their. Finally dragged the buck 120 yards to the fence where we found my doe, dead. I LOVE HUNTING!!!! I know im rambling but I had to share, would be more better if I did this off a computer rather than a phone. My doe was about as big as his buck.

1000 post!!!!!!!

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:uhwhat: so i was out shootin my bow in the yard this evening. we own the land across the road and ive hunted there quite a bit since october. seen a lot of small does and a few little bucks. well this evening i was going to hunt there but decided to mess around and get some stuff done at the house instead. finished up and was in the yard shooting my bow. (pic of my best group from 72 yards below). so anyway i look across the road in the field and see a deer. run in and grab the binos and can tell its a buck. i sneak out in the field to get a better look and its a pretty good size 8 point from what i could tell. it was with one doe. the doe eventually crossed the field and the buck followed. the doe would sometimes raise its tail and run away and the buck would continue to follow it. just before dark there were several other does in the field and the buck ran over and chased them around for a bit. been a tough season for me and thats about the most action ive seen from a buck chasin any does this season. so yea, had i been out hunting this evening, a shot on the buck may have been possible. it was about 40 or 50 yards from where i usually sit! just my luck! :scream: ill be out there in the morning in case it decides to cross the field again!

i1219.photobucket.com_albums_dd431_Abs0luteEviL_IMAG0876_1_zps89810d61.jpg

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finished up my season tonight. Wife out of town all next week so I got kid duty. Wouldn't trade it for nothing. Had a awesome season, discovered the ghillie suit advantage and killed 2 deer, One, a heavy horned 10pt from the ground. My first two ground deer ever. Never climbed a tree again for the rest of the season. Got to hunt quite a bit and see many things the majority of folks don't get too enjoy. Will hit the ducks, geese, predators and turkeys and back to deer again in Oct. God had blessed me beyond measure...

Latest posts

Top Bottom