2013 Honda Pilot anyone???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking to buy my wife a new vehicle and have narrowed it down to the Pilot and Highlander. We are leaning towards the Pilot but I figured I would ask here 1st to see if anyone had negative feedback.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about the '13. But we have had a 2012 Pilot for a little over one year now. Love the vehicle. Traded in a 2007 Honda Ridgeline for the Pilot. I really like Honda.

ahamay6

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have an 03 pilot. It's the best car we have ever owned and will be the only model of vehicle we own as long as they make them.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned two 2009 Limited AWD Highlanders. The power was really good for the V6. The first one was 8 days old and saved my wife's life in an accident so we bought another one. When the new Sequoia came out we upgraded to a larger vehicle. I regret selling that Highlander. Can't say anything about the Pilot.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife recently got rid of her 2008 Honda Pilot. It was purchased new. It was issue free for the five years we owned it. Smoothest motor I had ever driven. Downside was too much road noise, which has been a problem for a lot of Honda models. Poor gas mileage.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not been in a 2013, but my mom had a 2009 loaded, and I liked it a lot. She wanted something smaller and traded it in on a 2013 Honda CRV. I would take the Pilot over a lot of the smaller SUVs out now days. They are very nice. Now as of gas mileage, it did good next to my F150 FX4...

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have an 03 pilot. It's the best car we have ever owned and will be the only model of vehicle we own as long as they make them.
+1. My wife and I owned an 03 Pilot until I totaled it out. I loved that car. It was 4 wheel drive and had leather and a nice stereo system. It had nice room as well. Didn't get great gas mileage but wasn't too bad. I would get the Pilot in a heartbeat. Actually I am wanting one right now. Maybe in another few months I will get another one.

lowbudgetplinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input but now i'm wondering what to expect on the mpg. Is it possible to get more than 20 mpg combined city and highway or forget about it? Also, this will be an EX-L 4wd that we are looking at.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just turned in a '13 Highlander back to Hertz today. I loved it. It had fantastic power. I didn't want to turn it back in. It handled like a car. Had a lot of room in the back, and when the 3rd row was lowered, we had lots of room for our luggage. It was super smooth driving also. I had to be careful because I was going 90mph on the highway, and didn't even realize it. We had it for 9 days, and we were all really upset turning it back in. We had to take one last drive in it last night. Haha. It got about 22mph on the highway, which isn't great, but not too bad. I haven't driven the Honda, but I was very impressed with the Highlander during the time we had it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom