2014 Turkey.....let the pics begin!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I finally got two turkeys on the last day of the season! It was my 8th day of hunting for those sneaky turkeys. First one I called in to about 10 yards of me. Second one I crawled up too hum since he was holed up and wouldn't budge after an hour of clucking at him. Finally got some excitement after that many discouraging days of not seeing much! Also, first one had three beards too! 20140506_102303.jpg20140506_123652.jpg20140506_205534.jpg

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I finally got two turkeys on the last day of the season! It was my 8th day of hunting for those sneaky turkeys. First one I called in to about 10 yards of me. Second one I crawled up too hum since he was holed up and wouldn't budge after an hour of clucking at him. Finally got some excitement after that many discouraging days of not seeing much! Also, first one had three beards too! View attachment 38743View attachment 38745View attachment 38744

Nice Cynergy too:)

david1289

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks all! Yeah, I really like the cynergy shotgun. Shoots really well I think.

I was so lucky on crawling up to them. I was able to get about 80 yards or so slipping through the trees. The trees were on the opposite side of the mowed "road"...There were two toms holed up . I was in a low spot and so were the two toms. The ground rises up maybe 5 feet or so and it peaked about 35 yards from them. So I quit calling at them for awhile and they began to settle down. I started crawling up to them with my head as low as possible...my butt stuck up a little as I used my knees to crawl (too many sandburs to tummy crawl!). I got up to the peak and got up on my knees with gun up. Didn't see them and figured they must have seen me. Then all of a sudden I see a turkey head pop up and I froze! Then he stands up. I finally come to my senses and realize I better shoot! I start to raise the gun on him as he begins to turn and start running. I have no idea how I pulled off that shot but I did! I felt super lucky that the whole crawl and shot worked!

Latest posts

Top Bottom