2016 Deer Harvest Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome buck Okie! But... you are shortchanging yourself on that score. You are missing your 4th mass measurement on each side. You should have a measurement between the g3 and g4 on the right side, and your measurement for the left side should be taken halfway between the g3 and end of the main beam.
Interesting info. Are you an official Scorer for B&C?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Awesome buck Okie! But... you are shortchanging yourself on that score. You are missing your 4th mass measurement on each side. You should have a measurement between the g3 and g4 on the right side, and your measurement for the left side should be taken halfway between the g3 and end of the main beam.

Yes sure enough, I'll have to measure again thanks!

DO ELK AND DEER ALWAYS GET FOUR CIRCUMFERENCE MEASUREMENTS? WHAT ABOUT EIGHT-POINTERS? WHAT ABOUT TWELVE-POINTERS?
Yes, elk and deer trophies ALWAYS get four circumferences. In the case of an eight-point whitetail, the G-4 is missing. Instead of looking for the smallest location between the G-3 and the G-4, the measurement is taken at the halfway point between the G-3 and the tip of the main beam. Similarly, on a mule deer with no G-3, the H-3 circumference measurement would be taken at a point halfway between where the G-2 measurement begins and the end of the G-2. For deer and elk, no matter how many normal points it has, four circumferences per side will always be the exact number of circumference measurements.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
image.jpeg

my son's deer from last sunday

Last edited:

FireFighter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting info. Are you an official Scorer for B&C?

Nope, just spend quite a bit of time scoring lots of animals so I can judge them to the best of my abilities!

Yes sure enough, I'll have to measure again thanks!

No problem! I'm glad you included the picture of the score sheet app. I'll have to look for something like that on iPhone.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rut is starting. Lots of deer going to be taken in the next couple of weeks.
A few minutes before last light I could see a buck come into the food plot. He worked a couple of scrapes along the edge and finally came right down the middle of the plot to run off a spike at the feeder. Looked at the time, and had one minute left. He turned and I took the shot. He went a few yards, stood there twitching his tail, and walked off behind some trees. Knew I hit him, but couldn't find any blood. Right behind the tree, he was dead after a short search.
I had buck fever so bad I'm amazed I even hit it, but it turned out to be a double lung.

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_1d205e1915e1bdcc81610aecfcd017f8.jpg

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161114_72df154596ea83866ef9496cc4dbf6bd.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom