2017 Turkey poults

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was REALLY surprised and pleased last weekend when I saw a hen and about 8 or 10 poults on the quarter I deer hunt. We have never had any turkey stay on that place. I had driven my pick-up to a tree stand which has been neglected in recent years and had done a bunch of tree trimming ... not being quiet in the least bit. I went back to the barn and then thought of something else I needed to do at that stand. So, I got on the 4-wheeler and headed back to it. I rounded a curve in the pasture road and there she was, just about to cross that pasture road with the poults. I just slowly came to a stop and she didn't really spook, just turned around and went back the direction she came. Gawd, I hope they stay in there. I guess I need to get out a feeder!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Surprised a couple of the poults leaving the house this evening. About chicken size. They can fly now.

d70ea3ed766a9a1ff8a6d6367e441285.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Absolutely. Last week they were about a pound each and not able to do anything but flutter, not fly.
This week is a whole new deal.
Actually this is the worst year in a long time for poults. We usually have three to four hens with young ones in tow, but this year, only one with the three is around.
Lots of predators around.

Latest posts

Top Bottom