I'm a proud dad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aww thanks everyone. I just try to teach them the right thing to do. That's my job as a parent.

Sometimes it just hits you in those moments when you see that your kids actually heard you and the lessons did manage to sink in. I'm so proud of them for understanding the lessons and taking the initiative. And they even tried to dismiss the reward. (Although the gentlemen running the booth were having none of that.)

Honestly, the experience and the feelings are difficult to put into words. Saying I'm proud of them is an understatement. There's a bit of relief in knowing the lessons were not wasted and comfort in seeing that they just might turn into responsible adults.

I posted not to take any credit for myself, but to share just how much kids can shine when given a chance.

Last edited:

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to get fireworks with the kids and their mom today. When we got to the tent, the 2 gentlemen there were way behind, had barely started setting up, and their help had all bailed on them. They were looking quite exasperated. So my teenage daughter asks if they would like some help.

They say yes and her and both of her brothers dive in and start unpacking and stacking fireworks on the tables. Their mom and I also dove in. Now this is one of the bigger size tents with tables all along the outside edge. Probably a good 60'x60'. In the span of 90 minutes we have 90% of the boxes emptied and stacked and the extra neatly stacked and organized behind the tables.

As thanks, and despite my kids protesting, they gave us a heckuva discount. I estimate we ended up with over $400 worth of fireworks at far less than 1/2 price.

This is a memory they will now have for the rest of their lives. I couldn't be more proud.
That is what America is all about!

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aww thanks everyone. I just try to teach them the right thing to do. That's my job as a parent.

Sometimes it just hits you in those moments when you see that your kids actually heard you and the lessons did manage to sink in. I'm so proud of them for understanding the lessons and taking the initiative. And they even tried to dismiss the reward. (Although the gentlemen running the booth were having none of that.)

Honestly, the experience and the feelings are difficult to put into words. Saying I'm proud of them is an understatement. There's a bit of relief in knowing the lessons were not wasted and comfort in seeing that they just might turn into responsible adults.

I posted not to take any credit for myself, but to share just how much kids can shine when given a chance.
Agreed. My wife's extended family are either dead or drug pushers, users, or thieves. We have nothing to do with them because we have been burned a few times. We thank the Lord God every day for our children and the choices they have made to become responsible citizens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom