2019 Deer Hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We winched one up the river bank once. About 25' almost straight down through cedars. It was tough enough just to get down to it to tie on to it. Thankful for the machinery for sure.

A buddy and I did this once, less the machinery. We were doe hunting on the Cimarron and I spotted a group in the river brush below. I texted him to come to me. We each picked out the biggest, oldest doe and shot almost simultaneously. We didn’t realize it but at that point, the fun was over. I was in the best shape of my life back then and dragging two mature doe up nearly a 20 ft bluff nearly killed me. I seriously thought my buddy was going to have a heart attack.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A buddy and I did this once, less the machinery. We were doe hunting on the Cimarron and I spotted a group in the river brush below. I texted him to come to me. We each picked out the biggest, oldest doe and shot almost simultaneously. We didn’t realize it but at that point, the fun was over. I was in the best shape of my life back then and dragging two mature doe up nearly a 20 ft bluff nearly killed me. I seriously thought my buddy was going to have a heart attack.

That's doesn't sound much fun at all lol.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone wants to dig deep enough in search, you'll find a pic of a doe I shot that ended up in polecat creek in waist deep water. About a 12' bank and all I had was my three wheeler. The bank was so steep I couldn't bring the doe up the side because the only tie off point was the rear grab bar and it caused the front end to come off the ground, so wet and cold, dragged her downstream a couple hundred yards to a low bank, walked back to the three wheeler and dragged her back to the barn. Close to going hypothermic.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Distressing a little this evening. Even had a little buck cruise by for a snack at 4:30.

9442F349-D4EF-46AF-BCA2-9D7CB5B890E5.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom