2021 Deer Chatter/Pics/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JT708

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats RM!

Work has been hell so i haven't had time to post. Opening morning i saw 13 deer one being a beauty of a 3 year old i watched for 30 minutes. View attachment 226746

I told my daughter we'd go that evening so i passed on every doe, including at 5 yards. I hate cleaning multiple deer a day.

Picked her up from school and rushed to our spot. 6 1.5 year old bucks beat us there. We eased in knowing we would bump them out. Had deer within 15 yards most of the evening but i was waiting on a mature doe. My daughter has never been with me when i killed a deer so that's what we were out to do. She'd mentioned wanting to kill a deer this year and i wanted her to see one die before it was her choice to pull the trigger. 645pm 3 does came in from behind us and i shot one at 6 yards. She ran about 50 yards and fell over. We tracked the blood and she watched me some as i gutted it, discussing where hamburgers come from. One of my most prized deer kills. View attachment 226748

She tested positive for covid Sunday so we're all taking it easy this week. So far, so good. Just slight fever, headache and tired.
Sorry to hear about the Covid,but you have a great hunting partner

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words all. She's feeling lethargic but in overall good spirits.
Refocused the camera to point at the bottom of the feeder and did that make a difference! Deer on cam and about 30 raccoon pics so far tonight.
Coon cuffs coming to eliminate those corn robbers.
Problem solved!
Dennis, i finally started attacking raccoons this year. As of this morning, I'm up to 28 off 5 acres in 2 months and 25 off 12 acres since August 1.
7c7e5318-4932-439e-82e0-6832e5e7f8f2.jpg

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words all. She's feeling lethargic but in overall good spirits.

Dennis, i finally started attacking raccoons this year. As of this morning, I'm up to 28 off 5 acres in 2 months and 25 off 12 acres since August 1. View attachment 226876
Incredible numbers. I think it was 9 years ago or so. I sold a few whole coons for $14 and a bunch for $12 per.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dennis, i finally started attacking raccoons this year. As of this morning, I'm up to 28 off 5 acres in 2 months and 25 off 12 acres since August 1. View attachment 226876
That’s getting serious! The ground nesters thank you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom