2021 Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My son was up last weekend with his new pup and took her to the river a few times just to get her out in the field. He said there were a few ducks on the river but not many. All the ducks that congregate on the feedlot across the road from the house give the illusion that there are a lot of duck up there, but in reality, I think refuge may be doing their count at the feedlot to boost their published numbers.:anyone:
I was up there on Sunday afternoon, on the river east of you and saw Mallard pair and that was it. Drove thru the refuge and saw a handful of pins and some buffleheads.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a pretty good hunt this morning. 5 of us managed 24 ducks before we had to quit and get chores done. When we were picking up decoys and posing for pics we had a few more groups coming around.
DE298301-.jpg
20220122_092225.jpg

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 8 days total this season trying my hand at jump shooting ducks, I finally shot my first duck. Man, I couldn’t be more excited.

I definitely earned it too, I guess I lead too much on the shot, the only injury I could find was through both eyes. Spent 20 minutes looking for him, he ran off into the water and I went in after him, up to my calves in ice. Caught him, wrung his neck. Well, it kinda popped off. But I got him. Doesn’t make for a good tailgate pic though.
7F2AD644-56D1-4CDE-8C72-8ADBEAAD10BF.jpeg

it’s gonna be so much nicer next season with a dog, haha.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 8 days total this season trying my hand at jump shooting ducks, I finally shot my first duck. Man, I couldn’t be more excited.

I definitely earned it too, I guess I lead too much on the shot, the only injury I could find was through both eyes. Spent 20 minutes looking for him, he ran off into the water and I went in after him, up to my calves in ice. Caught him, wrung his neck. Well, it kinda popped off. But I got him. Doesn’t make for a good tailgate pic though.
View attachment 248806

Congratulations on your first duck! 🦆

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 248806

First ducks are always awesome, congratulations.

PS - Nice looking scattergun, what is it?

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice green wing teal Holechit. They are small and fast fliers. You shot well.
Thank you, I was honestly surprised at how small he was.
Congratulations on your first duck! 🦆
Thank you!
First ducks are always awesome, congratulations.

PS - Nice looking scattergun, what is it?
Thank you. It’s a Beretta A400 Upland in 20 gauge. Has the special recoil absorbing stock on it, it’s easily the softest shooting shotgun I’ve ever had in my hands, even with 3” duck loads. I plan on saving up and getting the 12ga extreme version.

Latest posts

Top Bottom