2021 Waterfowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice @HoLeChit you can use the feathers to make things also like crappie jigs and bass lures or streamers.
That’s the plan. Saved about half the feathers on the bird for future projects, and the wings to train the puppy coming this spring. Now I just need to find a fox or two and some quail wings and I’ll be set on training goodies for the first 6-8 months or so.
@HoLeChit , I like to clean GWT just like a dove then season the breast and shove it down in a crockpot of Stove Top dressing with some beef or chicken broth added for moisture. Kinda hope I get a teal or two Saturday
With this being my first duck ever, and first GWT, I breasted it out, gonna sear or grill it up a nice medium and make a little blackberry preserve based glaze.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys that my lab recovered a buck for is an avid waterfowler. Because of recovering the buck, he has invited me on a bunch of duck hunts. Wednesday morning was another one of those invites. We carried in the decoys, shovel to break ice, blind, and stools. We brushed/grassed in the blind while 2 guys in waders set decoys. It was a hunt to remember as it was like we couldn't do anything wrong. It didn't take long for everyone to have a limit. We were picking up by 7:34. 28 wigeon and 3 green wing teal.

Side note: I had fajitas from Sundays ducks and it will be one the list to have again.
FB_IMG_1643214803799.jpg

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the guys that my lab recovered a buck for is an avid waterfowler. Because of recovering the buck, he has invited me on a bunch of duck hunts. Wednesday morning was another one of those invites. We carried in the decoys, shovel to break ice, blind, and stools. We brushed/grassed in the blind while 2 guys in waders set decoys. It was a hunt to remember as it was like we couldn't do anything wrong. It didn't take long for everyone to have a limit. We were picking up by 7:34. 28 wigeon and 3 green wing teal.

Side note: I had fajitas from Sundays ducks and it will be one the list to have again.View attachment 249094
Oh my gosh, what a perfect duck hunt! Congratulations guys!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Way to go Okie4570. Nice mess of ducks! How is Kevin doing?
Doing great, still have some work to do on blind retrieves, which really isn't a big deal for me like it is some since we nearly always hunt small water. As long has I don't have to get in the water to get my bird or search through the reeds for a cripple myself, I'm happy :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom