Turkey hunting 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NomDeBoom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every once in a while I see (non liquid) Wild Turkeys. A few Oklahoma birds have been known to stand out along highways, & seemingly, enjoy watching vehicles pass by. Down along the Rio Grande N M), I saw huge toms! They looked like 2 bushel baskets taped together, with ceiling fans on their butts.
But I've always been curious (I COULD just look it up, I s'pose)...how do you 'hunt. these big ol' birds? I'm guessing the whole idea is to grab a tight patterning shot gun, get as close as you can, & try to blow their wrinkled red heads off to avoid getting shot in the 'good parts'? That's probably why I never bothered to research the technique....because that otta do it.
But here's another question: If any of you have a big Tom Turkey, & don't want the big feathers (wing & a few tail), please let me know, as I have great use for them. Can I have 'em? Happy Hunting, N de B

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve still got to get a plaque, but the fan is finished. Utube is a wonderful resource. :thumb:
IMG_0720.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom