2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A few tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini this year but I think a rabbit helped itself to our green beans. At least every time some would be on the bush they would disappear right before they were ready to pick. I replanted the squash and beans this week in homes of a better crop. The tomato plant is still producing but I need to trim it up some.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we got around a half inch of rain today. I'm wanting to plant some turnips, beets, collards but still a bit early down here.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Brought in 3 flats, 54 cups last weekend . Planted brussel sprouts, broccoli, cabbage and sugar daddy peas. Most every cup is growing and the sugar daddy peas are kicking tail. Probably 8 inches tall in less than a week. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks. I need to take the shade cloth off and put the plastic back on the greenhouse so we're prepared. We've got plans to direct sow more in time. Swiss chard, celery, carrots, beets and onions.

Attachments

• 20220901_191947.jpg
    20220901_191947.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our tomato plant seems to have kicked into high gear. Picked a few tiny mators the last few days but the rest finally seem to be growing bigger. The green beans and zucchini I planted a couple weeks back are growing fast but the yellow squash is not. I used some organic potting soil in those two planters and nothing has done well in them. Going to have to add more fertilizer this year and cut in manure next year.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might tell them how many animals I have, but I’m not disclosing anything else.
The appraisal district/tax office here in TX did a fly over to see if I had the cattle I claimed for my ag exemption. Evidently, some folks lie. :censored:

Latest posts

Top Bottom