2022 Garden thread.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
As stated above, most of what you have listed can wait to go in the ground when you return. Carrots should go in now as should potatoes. Not sure about radishes.

I think you moved recently. Still in OKC area or Edmond now? If OKC area, I'd offer to come water for you. We met at H&H when dropping off the scope for Retrieverman.
Edmond now. I was thinking about it and I could probably pick up a watering timer, and it would take care of everything. Also gonna need to seed the back yard and hopefully we’ll come home to a full grassy yard rather than half dirt.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
38DF0C16-D184-4203-BFBA-AEF7F8E6E0E6.jpeg

Here’s 9 yards of dirt. My neighbors wanted a yard and a half, which helps me with splitting deliver costs. I needed 6.8ish yards for my garden. I thinks that’s what my calculation was. So I ordered 10 yards of garden soil from Minick, moved about a yard already. Figure I would use the rest to fill in holes, and level/top dress the yard. This is one yard down, and while I’m excited, I can’t help but think that I bit off more than I can chew. I’m pretty pooped already, in the past 3 days I’ve cut down 3 trees, trimmed back 6 wayyy overgrown crepe mertles, removed about 400lbs of trumpet vines, dug a 12x4’ box bush out of the front yard, burned all of it, and dug up/moved 4 dozen landscaping block/flower bed borders. This yard is gonna kill me. But it’s gonna look nice and produce lots of veggies when I’m done.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
@HoLeChit , years back we bought a home in small town TX and the driveway was lined with Rose of Sharons, I disliked stepping on the many many flowers that fell off. So I asked a buddy on the other side of town if he wanted any of them. He said he'd take them all. LOL. I hooked each tree to the truck and popped them out and didn't stop. I dragged each bush right thru the downtown square. Needless to say I was talk of the town for a bit. I do my best to use equipment to save my body.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got it done! All the containers are filled just waiting for the wife to stop worrying about a late freeze. I figure after Easter I will plant.

Still have to dang much hill to shovel. :cry3:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Feller told me to expect a frost late in April.
The reason was it to thundered Feb 24. Said it would frost in April near that date . I sure hope not.
I think that I’m gonna wait to put everything in the first or second week of next month.

in other news, I got my worms today. And a sweet shirt.
C835C8B8-C00C-4DA3-B582-CA58CBD18202.jpeg
Uncle Jim is either a beast of a man, or was born without a neck, lol.
42BCFB03-53C3-4837-B70D-5D2E30B6829A.jpeg

They’re pretty lively, I’m happy.
B29AF921-E850-4FD0-BA34-8ABB676AE5A9.jpeg
A5C7A5EB-8AAC-4933-BF9D-A0B1BAF308F8.jpeg

these are the European Red Nightcrawlers next to some Canadian night crawlers I had. They’re all going into the compost pile, hopefully they do well and I can grab a few for fish bait as needed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom