2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I broke my own rule this evening, but I’m not very tolerant of booger hunting does. Actually, I texted my son before I shot to see if he wanted her, and he did. I wouldn’t have shot her otherwise. She went about 75 yards and weighed a 142#.
uX3679r.jpg

LjUBGUx.jpg

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My hang up is that I hate tracking and cleaning in the dark, but I shot her early enough that she was cleaned and in an ice chest in the daylight.
Completely agree. I hesitate to shoot does in the evening too. Hard rule is "no does on Sunday night".

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, made it to the cabin this evening to hunt tomorrow morning. Figured the first cold snap of the season, temps around 40 degrees and a light north wind would be perfect. Got settled in and was eating dinner when I checked my cell cam. You would freakin know it! My target buck came in tonight for the last 10 mins of shooting light. I should have got here a little earlier and hunted this evening. Oh well. Maybe he will be back for breakfast.

IMG_5225.jpeg
IMG_5224.jpeg
IMG_5223.jpeg
IMG_5222.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom