2023 Garden thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She is going to LOVE it.. 👍👍 upon a 2nd look I hope you have plenty door or window ventilation, they do get HOT in a hurry..
Just the 2 small windows and door. Will have electricity so fans are in the plans. Along with some shade block of some kind - still looking into that. Appreciate the input!

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just the 2 small windows and door. Will have electricity so fans are in the plans. Along with some shade block of some kind - still looking into that. Appreciate the input!
Shade cloth.com is the cheapest I have found a lot cheaper than the greenhouse supply places . Get the one that doesn't unravel if it gets a tear.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
42 pineapple plants of various sizesView attachment 352724
Green onionsView attachment 352725
Spinach has been through the winter, very cold hardy. View attachment 352726
Did you start the pineapples yourself self from pineapple tops? If so do you have any tips? I have been trying all winter to get some to take in water. And didn’t have any luck. I was going to take a couple and put rooting hormone on them and shove them in some potting soil to see if I could make them take. But I haven’t got around to it yet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did you start the pineapples yourself self from pineapple tops? If so do you have any tips? I have been trying all winter to get some to take in water. And didn’t have any luck. I was going to take a couple and put rooting hormone on them and shove them in some potting soil to see if I could make them take. But I haven’t got around to it yet.
I start all mine from the tops or the pups that form on mature plants. I never start mine in water.
I twist the top off the pineapple, peal about an inch of the lower leaves so you can see the root nodes. Put it in moist but not soggy potting mix and don't let it freeze.

Some of the store pineapple that are kept in the produce cooler will have a rotten center and the inner leaves will fall out.
I have planted those and get side pups but takes a long time. I just keep harvesting the small side pups and plant them directly in potting mix.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I start all mine from the tops or the pups that form on mature plants. I never start mine in water.
I twist the top off the pineapple, peal about an inch of the lower leaves so you can see the root nodes. Put it in moist but not soggy potting mix and don't let it freeze.

Some of the store pineapple that are kept in the produce cooler will have a rotten center and the inner leaves will fall out.
I have planted those and get side pups but takes a long time. I just keep harvesting the small side pups and plant them directly in potting mix.
Now I'm gonna have to try this after reading it. Lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom