204 Ruger for armadillos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a major armadillo problem down on the farm. Holes all over the field. Dad had a cow come up lame recently, so we declared war. Anyway, back to the point, the 204 Ruger was the weapon of choice today. It is nasty! Blows them up. I shot one and we drove over to it. I asked my grandpa if it tore him up and he said it looked like you could stick your fist through it!!! The ammo was Remington Premier 32 grain Accutip. Advertised muzzle velocity of 4225 fps. The gun is a 24" fluted bull barrel AR.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dennis - Step up to a .308 and you dont have to worry about meat going everywhere because it's nothing but pink mist. Take a tail shot right up the shell and their is nothing left.:explode:

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis - Step up to a .308 and you dont have to worry about meat going everywhere because it's nothing but pink mist. Take a tail shot right up the shell and their is nothing left.:explode:

I can attest to the"butterflied shells", whoa nelly. :giveup:

He forgot to mention that he was shooting 125gn Nosler Ballistic Tips in that .308. Eeeeeyuuuu

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd bet it'll do the job. Not having cows, I don't have a problem with them - seems to me that they aerate the soil, conducive for new plant growth - and they eat grubs which eat the roots of plants.... plants that would provide forage for deer and food for above-ground bugs that turkeys eat. So until I see evidence to the contrary, I view hard-shelled possums as a good thing.

But woe to any coon, skunk, feral dog or coyote I see.

He forgot to mention that he was shooting 125gn Nosler Ballistic Tips in that .308

Yikesamowsa; yeah, that'd be some pinkmist...

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I learned my lesson on shooting them with a crossbow, if they don't die instantly they will take off to their hole with your bolt! I've lost a couple that way. If I use compound the arrows are longer and tend to get hung on something before they can get away. They make such good target practice from the stand though when you're bored!

Latest posts

Top Bottom