Racism as it was taught to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I say political, I mean to include economic power as well.

The Forbes 400 has about the same amount of wealth as the entire U.S. black population, so we're probably solid for a while. I think Oprah is still the only black on the list and hispanics only have 1 on there too. Lawl.

I don't subscribe to white guilt because guilt is a useless emotion to have over something you couldn't control.

White privilege on the other hand, is demonstrable and undeniable by anyone who's not dumb or insane. And I admit I'm quite thankful for the little bits of it I have. If we got to choose every year, I'd keep picking white.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Lawl.

Open white racists annoy me a lot less than whiny white people who think they've experienced racism (stateside at least).

So fawking asinine. How come we don't have a Miss White America? Umm, because we traded it for literally everything else that actually matters.

I've asked this many times over the years. Black pageants came about because in order to be in a Miss America Pageant, you had to be of "white race" to enter. Other races weren't allowed until 75'. Black Miss America came about in the early 70's as a result, yet continues today even though all races have been welcome to enter the Miss America Pageants for the last 40 years???

Some incredible posts in this thread as well, thanks for sharing.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Growing up on the west coast I really never heard the word cracker applied to a white person until I went to visit a black boxing buddy once in Compton CA. I got out of my car and as soon as I started walking thru the courtyard of the apartment complex I heard someone yell out from a window somewhere, "Polly wanna crack'a". He yelled it several times. I was so naive I didnt even think it was weird. Or about me. When I got to my buddys apartment I told him what someone had yelled from a window somewhere and he said meh that was just a gang lookout tellin every one in the complex that a white dude was walking thru. And he told me it was all good because a white dude wasnt any cause for alarm as we werent considered dangerous to them. If it had been a black dude that they didnt know he said then there would have been guns out.

My youngest kid his mother is half black half white, Im white and native/indian, so my kid has got straight dark hair and is light skinned. His long time stepfather who actually adopted my son when he married his mother soon after we broke up is black, he played basketball for Arkansas under coach Nolan Richardson and then played a while in the NBA and overseas. Theyre back in Fayettville now after he has been finished with b-ball. Their children together, my sons halfsisters, are all 3 dark skinned very beautiful girls. They have come to my house and stayed ever since they were babies and have considered me a kind of father figure when away from home since Im their brothers father. Theyre the most awesome kids Ive ever met. Very smart, extremely well mannered and trouble free. I always like to take them out to dinners in different restaurants when they come to visit in Tulsa and we have had some great times. My neighborhood is a development on the outskirts of town, semi upper middle class but no McMansions, its fairly lilly white out here except for us and a family of indians/natives next door but everyone is cool to everybody else and we all get along great. There are the usual hundreds of kids all around the place all the time so when the girls visited they always played with all the kids in our 'hood' with no problems. But their mother would call constantly to make sure they were safe here. She wasnt used to them being around other kids she didnt know because they had had nothing but problems with white kids almost every place they lived. Coweta, the nearest small town to us and where my kids go to school, might be a redneck racist hellhole and I wouldnt even know it, our kids have never uttered any racist anythings, theyre seemingly color blind. My older stepdaughter has dated local black and white men and they all have been some good guys. Where my ex and her family lives though outside the Fayettville/Springdale AR area is really upscale and uppity because Isiah did pretty good with his money and she says its all white kids who predominantly live there and theyre mostly all hateful and racist to the girls so much that theyre home schooled now. I havent spent alot of time in that part of Arkansas so I dont know much about things there. That makes me feel bad though that white people with money have to feel so high on their horse to think theyre better than someone no matter how much money they might have.

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I spelled it the way the poster spelled it. Even using "cracka" it's not even close to the same.

i.imgur.com_Xat6G3j.gif

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up in a house, not a strong as Mr. G's, but not a good place for open mindedness. I don't have one bit of hatred or racism...I knew I had to stop the trend. Oh, and I'm 58, right in the "sweet spot" as Mr. G was. Or four children also do not have a single bit of hatred or racism. All of our kids ran around with large groups of folks...many of them not white...lots of them black. So what! All of those kids were just kids and none of them knew what color they were. Hell, I'd be they all thought they had no color. They just had fun. I do agree with surjimmy though. I too am tired of the crybabies.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's funny how discussions of race always include the derogatory names "others" call each other. Call me Cracka, just don't call me late for dinner.
My skin be a little tougher than to get get worked up over a word.

Latest posts

Top Bottom