Racism as it was taught to me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An African American expert on black culture said that cracker was used in the slave days, by slaves, as a name for the overseer who "cracked the whip" to get them to work harder. It had nothing to do with a persons color as the overseer could have been black or white.

And according to my dad (born in 1894) there were several all black sundown towns in Oklahoma where whites were not allowed after sundown.
We recently started working on a bridge project in this little town that I can't think of at the moment but the creek name is Negro creek. And locals tell me its still named that for a reason.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, the issue isn't that it's "unfair" that BET or Black Miss America exist. It's that the righteous indignation over the actions of people like the ftards of the original discussion, often gets swamped by a general outpouring of hate at all white people. For example, the "Black Lives Matter" people interrupting the brunches of people in California. CALIFORNIA! Talk about pooping where you eat... er so to speak. For the most part I see white people at least trying to open their minds, but the "God damn America", "What do we want?", "Dead cops", shenanigans really impedes progress.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've worked with a lot of people of different races and ethnicities in my life and the common denominator in the ones that were struggling, is that their problems were the results of poor decision making. Regardless of race, when a person put his/her desires ahead of his/her needs, they will fail.

If parents do their job, regardless of race, the chances of their kids being successful increases dramatically. Parents have to teach right from wrong, good from bad, financial discipline, respect for others, respect for self, independence, instilling ambition, etc.

Is my privilege really a result of the color of my skin or is it a result of me taking advantage of the effort my parents put into raising me?

Then again, there are some assholes in this world that like to abuse their authority by jacking with darker skinned folks. <cough><cough>Ferguson Cops<cough><cough>

Latest posts

Top Bottom