22 Cheetah

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
They were actually fairly commonly seen in the 80's. Seems like I remember my dad putting pencil to paper and comparing it with the .220 Swift and there not being enough difference to warrant the expense of the custom work at the time.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the mid to late 90's, I built a lot of rifles chambered in 22 CHeetah, that went to Texas more than anywhere else. Guys use to send me pictures of coyotes that were literally shot in half, with one well placed bullet!

I know that the 35 gr. Hornady V-Max will do better than 4,600 fps. and Sierra's 40 gr. Hollow Point is not too far behind that...

Every once in a while, you will see a "fast" barrel that will make you think your chronograph is broken!

I have shot crows with lightweight bullets at well over 4,000 fps. and they literally vaporize!

I shot an armadillo one time with one of those hypersonic little pills, and there was absolutely zero meat inside that shell. It was cut in half lengthwise, into two pieces, and it was hulled out like a watermellon...

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I asked about this because I came across the form dies and the reloading dies. Can't decide to pursue it or put them on ebay.

Latest posts

Top Bottom