22 matches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my old Winchester is a 5 shot mag bolt action. Now what?
I don't know of an area match that's geared toward bolt action, magazine fed .22LR's outside of the .22 Rimfire Metallic Silhouette matches held at Tulsa Red Castle. To be competitive in that discipline you need a .22 rifle with a good scope that will allow you to dial in the distances for the 4 different yardage lines of the various metal critters. It's shot offhand; pretty demanding but lots of fun. Several years back I shot it with a Ruger 77/22 and a good-enough Bushnell scope.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Snake Creek is a great facility and they are expanding it even more, nice people really a good experience. But yes, 2A is a better deal for me with the all day pass and a little closer since we live in downtown Tulsa. Yes that is a HAM call sign but I'm not currently active since moving into the High Rise.
Couldn't help but ask, I just started taking the Technician Class course, in Claremore.

N5JBD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Couldn't help but ask, I just started taking the Technician Class course, in Claremore.
Good for you, I think the Tech test was the hardest because it included all of the rules and tries to cover a little bit of everything. I sold all of my HF equipment when we decided to move back to Tulsa. We lived on a Texas lake and I was able to have 7 antennas including a 560' 160m loop strung across the property. Great hobby and you will find that HAM's are some of the best people that you will find.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good for you, I think the Tech test was the hardest because it included all of the rules and tries to cover a little bit of everything. I sold all of my HF equipment when we decided to move back to Tulsa. We lived on a Texas lake and I was able to have 7 antennas including a 560' 160m loop strung across the property. Great hobby and you will find that HAM's are some of the best people that you will find.
I was lucky to be invited to this class. A couple of the instructors, and I attend the same Church. If you should "get the itch", there will be a "Green Country Hamfest 2022", in Claremore, in April, at the EXPO Center.

Latest posts

Top Bottom