225 foot pounds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiacflyer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once had to torque the main mast nut on a chinook (mh-47 helicopter) in the field without a torque multiplier. Had to do it while standing on top of the pylon. A chinook rotor head slobbers oil almost continuously while in operation, so it wasnt just a job, it was an adventure... If I recall correctly, the torque is about 350 lb/ft or so.

Sent from my phone thingy using the Tapatalk2 doohickey

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I forgot how much it sucks to torque a bolt to 225ftlbs. I put a leveling kit on my truck tonight. The lower strut bolts require a torque spec of 225ftlb. Its especially fun after wrestling the strut assembly back into its spot after the spacer is installed.

back hurts, arms hurt. Job done with minimal cussing.

Heck with that!! Because of a cramped space I had to slide a large cabinet away from the wall using one hand and seiously tweaked my arm & shoulder. Came down with shingles a couple of days later.

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have torqued several things to 4200 ft. lbs. in the field. Naturally I used a torque multiplier and the input was only 233 ft. lbs. now whatever you used on the multiplier as the back up got interesting. There would be 4200 ft. lbs. on it. Usually used my service truck as back up and its back axle scaled at 21,000 lbs. It would lift the back of the truck bumper about 2 feet. I would be more scared of the socket exploding but luckily nothing went wrong. Proper tools for the right job.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I once had to torque the main mast nut on a chinook (mh-47 helicopter) in the field without a torque multiplier. Had to do it while standing on top of the pylon. A chinook rotor head slobbers oil almost continuously while in operation, so it wasnt just a job, it was an adventure... If I recall correctly, the torque is about 350 lb/ft or so.

Sent from my phone thingy using the Tapatalk2 doohickey

I believe they call that the Jesus nut.
Things go terribly wrong when the safety wire isn't installed. On a Huey anyway.

Latest posts

Top Bottom