25-30 Bodies Found Buried In East Teaxs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas — Dozens of bodies have been found in a mass grave in Liberty County, NBC-affiliate KPRC Local 2 reported Tuesday.

The Liberty County Sheriff's Office said 25 to 30 bodies were buried at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta. KHOU reported that a tipster alerted authorities about the bodies, which were said to be dismembered.

The bodies are those of children, according to preliminary reports, KPRC Local 2 said on its website.

About 15 sheriff's department vehicles and at least one cadaver dog are on the scene, KHOU reported.

The FBI was called in to assist the investigation.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43317379/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The updated story.....

LIBERTY COUNTY, Texas - Federal agents and sheriff's deputies plan to search a rural house in Southeast Texas after receiving a tip that multiple dismembered bodies are buried there.

Spokesman Rex Evans of the Liberty County Sheriff's Department says the office received an anonymous report Tuesday that there were bodies in the home, at the intersection of County Roads 2049 and 2048 between Hardin and Daisetta. KHOU reported that a tipster said 25 to 30 bodies were buried there.

But, in a press conference, Liberty County officials said they are awaiting a search warrant and have found no evidence of any bodies, according to KBMT-TV.

A state law enforcement source said deputies had been directed to the site by a psychic, the Houston Chronicle reported.

The area is largely rural with a mix of fields and small wooded areas. Law enforcement officials were staged along County Road 2048 near a house that was surrounded by trees.

About 15 Sheriff's Office vehicles and at least one cadaver dog are on the scene, KHOU reported.

The Cleveland Advocate reported that authorities were seeking a search warrant in order to search the home, where some of the individuals involved have been "uncooperative," according to Evans.

An FBI official says an evidence response team has been put on standby in case its needed, according to NBC News. A woman who answered the phone at the Beaumont FBI office referred all questions to the Liberty County Sheriff's Office, which could not be immediately reached by msnbc.com

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still developing, but attempting to execute a search based on evidence provided by a psychic?

If I was the owner of the home being searched I might be a little pissed off by that tidbit....maybe where the "uncooperative" report comes from. "You want to search my house and dig up my yard because a f-ing pyschic told you there were bodies here? Definately march your ass back to the station and get a warrant please."

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
no evidence of any bodies

A state law enforcement source said deputies had been directed to the site by a psychic, the Houston Chronicle reported.

Well Cheezus H. Christmas

1. Is there no accountability for wild stories being put out like this? This was all over the news, on CNN, everything. I expected it to be inaccurate on the details...but fawk, I did not the entire story to be BS.

2. Not to sound morbid, but if they search based on a "psychic's" tip, they better find some dead bodies. I'd be uncooperative too if the cops said Sylvia Brown called me a murder.

Latest posts

Top Bottom