3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok 4th Saturday in November is going to be a 3-gun match at OKC Gun CLub. Yes I know it is Turkey time, but I need to get this started so here it is! Be warned it is a Kurt Miller style 3-gun, not the close hoser stuff like 3GN. Pistol Caliber Carbines are welcome as long as they make the Minor power floor of 150 PF. Plan on some 120-130 yard targets for rifle, some 50 yard slug shots, and a little buckshot for score. Tony Wall was going to put this on for me as I was going to be out of town, but that has changed, so skill tests and equipment tests will be the order of the day. We are NOT going to get crazy on the shotgun loading aspect.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not equipped to shoot one but I always wanted to try and catch one first hand. Timing never seems to work out.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I am trying to make this a monthly match. My schedule is crazy, but we will find a way to make it happen. With that said.....There WILL NOT be a December 3-gun as the 4th Saturday falls on Christmas Eve. No way I am going to be able to put one on then :)

Yes you can come observe. I would bet if you showed up with some factory ammo in hand, there would be folks who would let you borrow a gun youy don't have to shoot stages. Your call, but everyone that has come just to watch, has left feeling like they should have shot.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok 4th Saturday in November is going to be a 3-gun match at OKC Gun CLub. Yes I know it is Turkey time, but I need to get this started so here it is! Be warned it is a Kurt Miller style 3-gun, not the close hoser stuff like 3GN. Pistol Caliber Carbines are welcome as long as they make the Minor power floor of 150 PF. Plan on some 120-130 yard targets for rifle, some 50 yard slug shots, and a little buckshot for score. Tony Wall was going to put this on for me as I was going to be out of town, but that has changed, so skill tests and equipment tests will be the order of the day. We are NOT going to get crazy on the shotgun loading aspect.
Awesome! Too bad you can't post this in that competition heavy forum, boomershooter.com. You know, the one your banned from, the one full of all those moderators and administrators who are all your friends..

Latest posts

Top Bottom