3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome! Too bad you can't post this in that competition heavy forum, boomershooter.com. You know, the one your banned from, the one full of all those moderators and administrators who are all your friends..

And come over after matches and drink your beer....

Kurt is not banned from BoomerShooter. Hasn't been in a long time, but thanks for your input and your smart ass comments. They are always appreciated

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are NOT going to get crazy on the shotgun loading aspect.

Lets expound on this statement.

Are you saying a Rem 1100 box stock might be competitive, or a model 12 Win stock pump with a 7 round capacity might be competitive in a stock factory division?

If that's the case I feel you would draw a ton more entrants.

Pro division/stock division.

We did this in the old motocross days to keep new folks entering the sport with their stock machines, getting the fever to progress into the highly modified pro division. Some did it, some didn't. But it it brought in new riders every year.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
THis is exciting news! I've finally gotten to a point where I can get the gear, I've got the Guns now, just need to get the mag extension and other parts for my shotgun.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lets expound on this statement.

Are you saying a Rem 1100 box stock might be competitive, or a model 12 Win stock pump with a 7 round capacity might be competitive in a stock factory division?

If that's the case I feel you would draw a ton more entrants.

Pro division/stock division.

We did this in the old motocross days to keep new folks entering the sport with their stock machines, getting the fever to progress into the highly modified pro division. Some did it, some didn't. But it it brought in new riders every year.
All he is saying is you don't need a super long tube and caddies/shell holders for any more than 8/12 rounds tops. You could run a street sweeper and call in artillery strikes and still not be competitive so how bout just go out there and have fun with what you have?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run a 22 round Otto Load2 vest and start with 9 in my gun. I've came close to running out and have finished a stage here and there with only a round or two left. You won't need 12 round capacity tube and 47 carriers on your belt to get through a stage. This keeps a lot of folks from getting into the game and most 3G matches these days are won and lost solely because it's morphed into an equipment race with the shotgun. Kurt likes to even things out and this lets more people play. Besides old school really is cool whether it looks that way or not. :D

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Haven't shot a 3 gun match in years and my "quad load" is fumbling 2 into the gun closely followed by 2 more but I think I'll come out and play. I'm all about old school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom