3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making abortion illegal and therefore murder, would be a big step in the right direction and would satisfy me. And, that includes the removal of the "morning after pill".

Miscarriage and manslaughter may only be possible in an extreme circumstance - for example, a women winds up in the emergency room for a drug overdose and has a miscarriage after being pregnant for 3 months. Or, a drunk driver hits a pregnant women, she lives but the baby dies. The drunk driver would be guilty of manslaughter.

So, you are eager to defend a 3 month fetus but a 2 1/2 month fetus not so much.
Those absolute vales are suddenly less absolute.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, you are eager to defend a 3 month fetus but a 2 1/2 month fetus not so much.
Those absolute vales are suddenly less absolute.

3 months was arbitrary. The mother needs enough time to know she is pregnant before being held accountable - 2 months, 1 month, whatever is reasonable.

Again, just making abortion illegal with the charge of murder would be a major step in the right direction.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How many of you have daughters that have gotten an abortion behind your back? Your daughters suffered in silence because their parents are too judgemental. I'm sure some of you are saying that your daughter wouldn't have done such a thing, well guess what, all of those hard dick teenage boys are banging horny little teenage girls.

Not my little girl, she's a princess virgin. Besides we all know girls only have sex because they're "in love" or victims, holy and special they are.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Again, just making abortion illegal with the charge of murder would be a major step in the right direction.
How? You'll have to be specific about how this is going to work. Otherwise, this proposal is so ludicrous that I can't take it seriously. That is, unless you can demonstrate how this new, extremely costly, and personally invasive government system is going to work, exactly, it must be a joke.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does that mean every miscarriage should be investigated as possible manslaughter?

And following that "logic of responsibility" should women who get pregnant without the financial capability or an established relationship to provide and care for the child in be charged with neglect/abuse?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How? You'll have to be specific about how this is going to work. Otherwise, this proposal is so ludicrous that I can't take it seriously. That is, unless you can demonstrate how this new, extremely costly, and personally invasive government system is going to work, exactly, it must be a joke.

You lost me with that. How is murder enforced now?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And following that "logic of responsibility" should women who get pregnant without the financial capability or an established relationship to provide and care for the child in be charged with neglect/abuse?

No. Parenting is a fundamental human right. Some of the best parents are those with little to no economic means. Likewise, I've seen some pathetic parents who are high on the economic level.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. Murder has a specific definition. Self defense and legal war does not fall within the definition of murder. Right now, abortion does not fall within the definition of murder because it is legal. That is where I believe we are wrong - abortion should be illegal and would therefore be murder.

Ironic post is ironic.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. Parenting is a fundamental human right. Some of the best parents are those with little to no economic means. Likewise, I've seen some pathetic parents who are high on the economic level.

With some people, the most reasponsible decision they'll ever make is to abort a pregnancy. You still haven't adressed how you're going to care for half a million unwanted babies each year. What are you going to do with those kids?

Latest posts

Top Bottom