3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a start. How will prosecutors prove that in a court of law? "beyond a reasonable doubt". Manslaughter ain't small claims court.

You also said every miscarriage should be investigated as manslaughter. How will that be accomplished? How will we monitor every fertile, sexually active women for miscarriages so they can be investigated?
How?
But getting the .gov all up in every women's bidness. That's how.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Or hey we could be reasonable and stop pretending what almost every mother has thrown out on a tampon or menstrual pad is a dead baby, but you know, where's the moral high-ground in that scenario?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So random knocks at the door of women? Access medical records? Pull from a list of marriage license? Target married women with a legal or medical record of drug abuse?

"Sir, we're here to monitor inspect you wife's vaginal discharge, says here she has a possession charge from college and she's of fertile age and married, so I assume you two are sexually active?"

You may think what I'm typing is snarky or absurd, but until you explain it more clearly, that's how I assume enforcement of your proposed law changes would have to be handled.

Making abortion illegal and therefore murder, would be a big step in the right direction and would satisfy me. And, that includes the removal of the "morning after pill".

Miscarriage and manslaughter may only be possible in an extreme circumstance - for example, a women winds up in the emergency room for a drug overdose and has a miscarriage after being pregnant for 3 months. Or, a drunk driver hits a pregnant women, she lives but the baby dies. The drunk driver would be guilty of manslaughter.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Miscarriage and manslaughter may only be possible in an extreme circumstance - for example, a women winds up in the emergency room for a drug overdose and has a miscarriage after being pregnant for 3 months.
How about smoking, or drinking? Both are behavior choices by the mother that can lead to miscarriage. Going to put them away for that? For that matter, high stress can cause miscarriage; are you ready to say that women living a high-stress lifestyle (executives, doctors, lawyers) should get ten years in the graybar if they don't carry to term?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How about smoking, or drinking? Both are behavior choices by the mother that can lead to miscarriage. Going to put them away for that? For that matter, high stress can cause miscarriage; are you ready to say that women living a high-stress lifestyle (executives, doctors, lawyers) should get ten years in the graybar if they don't carry to term?

See post 67 and then 66.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Making abortion illegal and therefore murder, would be a big step in the right direction and would satisfy me. And, that includes the removal of the "morning after pill".

Miscarriage and manslaughter may only be possible in an extreme circumstance - for example, a women winds up in the emergency room for a drug overdose and has a miscarriage after being pregnant for 3 months. .

Why 3 months if life begins at conception?

Latest posts

Top Bottom