3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the thing, though. Those were endorsed and commanded by your god. This is also why Christians cannot subscribe to universal morality. Because you're essentially saying that was once "moral" no longer is. So time influences morality in your perspective.

It also means that in many cases, a non-Christian morality is superior as those things were wrong then as they're wrong now.

Going full-circle here... But this goes back to God mimicking the mindset of the time. He wasn't progressive, he wasn't different. He was just like the men that ruled the world at the time. Very anti-women's rights, slaves rights, non-virgin's rights etc... If anything, it's more evidence that God is the creation from the mind's of men of ancient ideologies than the creator of it.

You have some interesting arguments. But there were only 10 commandments given by God to Moses. All other laws were developed by man for that period of time. Some may or may not have been inspired by God. Just like the laws we have today. I don't think the abortion law is inspired by God. It is man's law and I truly believe contrary to God's will.

I'm sure an actual Theologian would have better answers that might clarify some of the arguments you are making. I'm far from an expert in these things.

The other thing is faith. You either have it or you don't. I could not imagine life without faith in a divine being who is working in ways I cannot understand. We know so little about the universe, other dimensions, and time / space. I think we are being a little presumptive if we think we know all about God and his workings.

Just my thoughts. Guess we just have to agree to disagree:

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You linked to an article that is 18 years old and it mentions changes were being proposed. What is the current status?

The second article does have a 2013 date in the text so I assume it is current.

From the second article:

The army doesn't appear to be paying for the abortion(s) but the government is. That said, I realize it is splitting fungible hairs. Be'ad Chaim appears to me to be the Israeli equivalent to Planned Parenthood. So, even with the Army social services only going as far as referring female soldiers for abortions, some money we contribute to Israel's defense does play a hand. I then can say we should not contribute to Israel's defense. The same should hold for any nation with subsidized abortion that we contribute to their defense. No money for them that have government subsidized abortion.

Woody

The first article is about attempts to restrict abortions, it failed. The other article I posted in #32 is the new law making more Gov. funded abortions. Be'ad Chaim is a pro life org.

http://beadchaim.com/

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quoted because awesome.

Yup, women have always been treated as some weird tool/object in male sexuality instead of human beings with human sexuality. It's real creepy, and damaging, and ending it is way overdue.

I noticed you left the last sentence out, guess it wasn't awesome. Funny how on a 2nd. Amnd. forum full of law and order conservatives often talking about the Constitution nobody wants to address the Lautenberg Amnd., gender bias in Family and Criminal Courts, or paternity fraud.

After all haven't we accepted Constitutional violations "for the women" just like we have "for the children"? In the past we had "separate but equal", now it often seems we have "equal but special".

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first article is about attempts to restrict abortions, it failed. The other article I posted in #32 is the new law making more Gov. funded abortions. Be'ad Chaim is a pro life org.

http://beadchaim.com/

I take it then that Be'ad Chaim does not run abortion clinics like PP. My apologies to Ba-ad Chaim. Still, with the army referring female soldiers to obtain abortions, monies we 'contribute' to Israel's defense goes to support abortion.

Woody

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I take it then that Be'ad Chaim does not run abortion clinics like PP. My apologies to Ba-ad Chaim. Still, with the army referring female soldiers to obtain abortions, monies we 'contribute' to Israel's defense goes to support abortion.

Woody

Some would say so. Others would say there are even more reasons to question aid to Israel.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Missed candidates for womb-scraping back in the early 90s. God's precious miracles.

VINITA, Oklahoma - Two people have been arrested for the murder of an elderly woman in Vinita.

Chelsea Marie Raulston, 20,and Charlee Ray Adams (d.o.b. 12/6/1992) were booked into the Craig County jail on a complaint of first-degree murder.

The Craig County Sheriff’s Office has requested OSBI investigative and crime scene assistance with an assault and battery that became a homicide investigation, a news release says.

Velma Loretta Bennett, 84, is believed to have died from blunt force trauma to the head, OSBI says.

Bennett was found outside her home in the 16000 block of South 4425 Road north of Vinita just before midnight, according to the OSBI.

She was flown to a hospital where she died. Overnight, two people who lived with the victim were arrested for that murder.

http://www.newson6.com/story/29779188/two-arrested-for-elderly-vinita-womans-murder

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I forgot I started this thread. I'm just really surprised that Oklahoma hasn't had a special session to take away state funds from PP. I figured Fallin and the rest on 23rd would be all over this.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You have some interesting arguments. But there were only 10 commandments given by God to Moses. All other laws were developed by man for that period of time. Some may or may not have been inspired by God. Just like the laws we have today. I don't think the abortion law is inspired by God. It is man's law and I truly believe contrary to God's will.

I'm sure an actual Theologian would have better answers that might clarify some of the arguments you are making. I'm far from an expert in these things.

The other thing is faith. You either have it or you don't. I could not imagine life without faith in a divine being who is working in ways I cannot understand. We know so little about the universe, other dimensions, and time / space. I think we are being a little presumptive if we think we know all about God and his workings.

Just my thoughts. Guess we just have to agree to disagree:

Right, but the 10 commandments aren't all they're cracked up to be, either. The 2nd promotes generational curses on those whose relatives broke the rule a generation or two before them. The 3rd is all about the insecurities of an "all-powerful" god with anger issues. The 5th is a blatant rule for all children so I guess abused, molested and mistreated children are just fuct. I could go on and on but some simple scrutiny exposes the 10 commandments as general rules that can't be applied universally and many times should be overshadowed by much more pressing issues like rape, or slavery or...

Regarding faith... I get it but it's not for me. I wish it weren't necessary and hope for a day when it's not... When this observable world is enough. When people have enough interest to make heaven exist here instead of being distracted and casting it off as an impossibility because of some "fallen" or "sin nature" as that mindset stifles honest attempts at progress.

But yea, there could be a lot more to this world... There certainly is far more we don't know than we do, but at this point, it's all speculation. Maybe one day we'll know for sure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom