.30-06 and .270 Deer boolits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunt with a Rem 700 30-06 with a 26" barrel. It loves Nozzler Accubonds with 57 grains of H4350. The accubonds hold together very well on impact.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.orchardphoto.com_h29zo107.jpg

Pretty much any bullet with a lead core and copper jacket or made out of solid copper will kill deer fine but for my 270 Winchester, Remington Core Lokts give me the best in performance, accuracy and price.

osupoke

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll have to second the recommendations for Sierras and Remington Core-Lokt. I've killed 21 deer with the 130 grain Core-Lokt and 29 with the 130 grain Sierra Boattail Soft Point. I started out with the Sierras, then switched to the Remingtons a few years ago when the Remingtons were about half the price of the Sierras. Now the price gap has pretty much closed up, so if I didn't already have a bunch of Remingtons on hand, I'd probably go back to Sierras.

I felt like the Sierras were a bit more accurate for me, but none of them ever missed a beat for terminal performance, long or short range (30-300ish yards).

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remington Core-Lokts shoot the best out of my rifle for all the loads I have tried to date. This is factory offerings only. I am currently saving my brass to start developing reloads with the help of BadgerLB.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of good suggestions ... the real question is: Does a bullet even exist that wouldn't work on deer fired from 30-06-seized case (obviously no wax bullets or squib loads)

Latest posts

Top Bottom