300 Win Mag Load for Deer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is this for almost being blown off. .308win.. but it is still attached by some hide.
deerleg 001.jpg

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also hunt with the 300WM. There are no whitetails anywhere, ,much less Oklahoma, that require a magnum round. but as has been previously state the flat trajectory makes long shots easier to make.

I shoot a Rem700 using SMK 180's using an H4350 load and it's a tack driver. 5 shots, all touching at 200 yards. no problem. I dont download the rounds as the rifle's accuracy drops off quickly below 60 grs. Maybe I need to revisit that.

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I also hunt with the 300WM. There are no whitetails anywhere, ,much less Oklahoma, that require a magnum round. but as has been previously state the flat trajectory makes long shots easier to make.

I shoot a Rem700 using SMK 180's using an H4350 load and it's a tack driver. 5 shots, all touching at 200 yards. no problem. I dont download the rounds as the rifle's accuracy drops off quickly below 60 grs. Maybe I need to revisit that.

Wait, am I understanding this or is someone changing loads to save rib meat? I didn't know someone ate rib meat of a deer..lol

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait, am I understanding this or is someone changing loads to save rib meat? I didn't know someone ate rib meat of a deer..lol

On larger deer there is some meat on the ribs but I'm not trying to save it. The round I used went just behind the shoulder in the ribs and still managed to trash a good portion of both shoulders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom