357SIG Round

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any info or experience with this round. The ballistics on it look great, but it looks like it greatly reduces your options on handguns. Not sure about availability of ammo or price either compared to say 9mm/45.

boltface

Marksman
Reaction score
Ammo is not nearly as plentiful as many of the popular calibers, but during the shortage last summer, that was all I could find! I guess that is due to the fact that is not all that popular. AS far as guns, Sig and Glock make them, and I'm sure there are others, but with those two you are set. Reloading is easier than mostt pistol rounds, due to the fact that it is bottle necked like a rifle and you only need two dies.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a hell of a round...great for personal protection. In fact it is what my department issues as a duty weapon in the Glock 31.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Springfield XD and S&W M&P also come in 357 SIG. I had a Steyr M-A1 with a 357 SIG conversion barrel, it was a blast. Sharp recoil, loud, but no doubt effective.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a G32 and a Steyr with a conversion barrel. Way too much fun to shoot, it's a great round. I think XDM conversions are coming soon?

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Flat trajectory and a lot of power compared to 9mm.

The best thing is that, if you plan on reloading, you can turn down your load to perform like a standard 9mm, or you can turn it up to +P+9mm and still be SAAMI.

I like the round, and plan on getting a conversion barrel for my G23.

Latest posts

Top Bottom