3d printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STWshooter87

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I setup a Dimension Elite printer for some engineers here at Tinker a couple of years ago. We were blown away by what it does. Even though it can take hours to print something the size of your fist, it's amazing to watch and if I had the time, I could definitely sit and stare through an entire print job.

Very, very awesome (but expensive!) printer.

Danny Tanner, We used to machine most of the plastic parts we designed before we had the Dimension Elite and the turnaround time was always a week. With the 3D printer the engineers can get "most" of their designs printed and in their hands by the next morning if my scheduling goes right. For the big jobs, I print those over the weekend if the printer is fairly busy.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've had one of the Dimension printers for over 10 years in my classroom. It was actually the first in the state. They are cool. If I'd had one of these back when I was still a practicing engineer I would have been a hero on a regular basis. Instead of waiting a couple weeks for the model shop to make a part I could crank one out in as little as a half hour depending on the size and complexity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom