Ordered a New 3D Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Decided to print my dream version of the Saturn V, it's a 1/60 scale 7 inch in diameter model that will take me most of the summer to work on. It's going to a science teacher at Casady (wife is Librarian there) for her class room. Kids should love it and it's big enough to not break at the drop of a hat.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Total newbie here....I do CAD for work and always wanted a printer so just ordered an entry level one to give it a whirl. Ender 3 V3 KE. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I'm excited to be doing it. I'll be doing my models on Inventor 2023 if it's not out there on Thingiverse or similar.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Total newbie here....I do CAD for work and always wanted a printer so just ordered an entry level one to give it a whirl. Ender 3 V3 KE. I have no idea what I'm getting myself into, but I'm excited to be doing it. I'll be doing my models on Inventor 2023 if it's not out there on Thingiverse or similar.
Best of luck, be prepared to tinker as 3d printers are not to the appliance stage yet. They require care and feeding.

Bahick71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an Anet et4+, recently upgraded the board to the quite pro. Upgraded to direct feed
On the hot head, not remote, and no Bowden tube. Really helped alot. I will be looking to
Upgrade at some time, as I have pretty much reached the limits of this machine. Me and my
Daughter have done tons of stuff. Takes a little bit to get a good grasp on it, really fun once
You do though.

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My eldest, eighteen, and a wanna-be mechanical engineer has us convinced we need a 3D printer upgrade. He's presently using a Creality Ender 3 S1 Plus. His latest project is a RC car capable of hitting almost 40 mph. PLA parts keep breaking and he hopes more exotic filaments might be part of the solution. We're looking at Jason's latest (Bambu Labs X-1 Carbon), pondered their "industrial" variant X1E, or the Creality K1 Max. Any suggestions on an enclosed printer will be welcome.

Latest posts

Top Bottom