4 Firefighters in New York shot by gunman

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/2...-western-ny-2-homes-burning-as-police-search/

Four volunteer firefighters responding to a pre-dawn house fire were shot Monday morning, two fatally, leading to a shootout in suburban Rochester, N.Y. with the alleged gunman found dead the scene, police said.

A lone gunman fired at the firefighters after they arrived shortly after 5:30 a.m. at the blaze near the Lake Ontario shore, just east of Rochester, Town of Webster Police Chief Gerald Pickering said.

The shooter was found dead after a short pursuit with cops according to Pickering. It was not immediately clear if the gunshot was self-inflicted. The first Webster police officer who arrived on the scene exchanged gunfire with the shooter.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is awful; pray for the families of the dead...if he used a "semi-automatic" weapon then I think he could be another Manchurian candidate being used for political purposes.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know several vollies, but one, in particular, who is very dear to my heart. Gives new meaning to the words "Be careful out there".

I simply do not understand the world I live in.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Omg! I am glad that son of a B is dead dead dead. Praying for those fire fighters families and stations.

I think about 2 months ago, our chief called us all in to say another fire department in Oklahoma responded to a tree on fire in a city park. Upon closer inspection a pipe bomb type device was found at the base of the tree. Since we were told to keep quiet about it that is all I will say. Our chief was wanting us to be aware when approaching any fire, especially anything extra suspicious.

Last edited:

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Omg! I am glad that son of a B is dead dead dead. Praying for those fire fighters families and stations.

I think about 2 months ago, our chief called us all in to say another fire department in Oklahoma responded to a tree on fire in a city park. Upon closer inspection a pipe bomb type device was found at the base of the tree. Since we were told to keep quiet about it that is all I will say. Our chief was wanting us to be aware when approaching any fire, especially anything extra suspicious.

Be careful my friend! Glad it was kept quiet that way we can blame it on guns instead of people! Be prepared people this place is getting crazy.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score

This has been something we've added to training in the last few years. Booby trapped meth fires were of the greatest concern trap wise, now this. The same happened in Kansas City a few years ago. A couple set their rent house on fire, the house they lived in was across the street, so the dude started punching holes in the ambulance and engines with a .50 while his wife was spraying with a full auto. They were angry with the city over something and took it out on the responders.

Latest posts

Top Bottom