Broken Arrow Officer shot on traffic stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This morning I was driving east on e 71st st (e Kenosha) and just past County Line (s 193rd east ave) they had the street completely blocked off the entire stretch of Camino Villa trailer park. Found out just now it was due to an officer involved shooting that left one officer injured and the driver/shooter dead. The officer tried to pull the car over and as soon as he approached the vehicle the driver started shooting at the officer who returned fire. They found the driver dead in a nearby field but not sure if it was the officers shooting or self inflicted at this point. The officer was shot in the leg and going to be ok. Police are on the lookout for 2 other occupants of the shooter's car who fled the scene.

Man, its really getting crazy out there when this stuff spills over to BA.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, its really getting crazy out there when this stuff spills over to BA.

I’m not surprised. Unfortunately, BA has more than doubled in population in the past 25 years and now stands at 100K+ people. It ain’t anymore the “quaint little town“ it was when I first moved to the area years ago.

$ure$h0t

This entire site is snowflakes
Reaction score
Officer was treated and released..

I'm over right on the cusp of BA and Tulsa and although it's a nice area and relatively quiet.. I don't trust anything.

We moved from a 500 population town in Kansas to here and although I was raised in the city.. The wife has a pretty bad case of culture shock. Another reason why I don't leave home without my xd 45..

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Officer was treated and released..

I'm over right on the cusp of BA and Tulsa and although it's a nice area and relatively quiet.. I don't trust anything.

We moved from a 500 population town in Kansas to here and although I was raised in the city.. The wife has a pretty bad case of culture shock. Another reason why I don't leave home without my xd 45..
Amen! its not little old Tulsa any more. love it been here all my life but any more its saddening.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they usually do ride two up. Especially on night shifts. Could be wrong though?
I think it was in Malcom Gladwell's book Blink where he cites a review done at a Florida (I think) police department regarding riding in pairs or solo. They found that there were fewer officer involved shootings going either way when there was only one officer in each car vs two. They stated having a second officer made it more likely there would be little delay to assess the situation if there was already "backup" available rather than waiting for a support car or two to show up.

I am not recommending or suggesting anything, this is completely outside of any area of slight knowledge I have. I just remember it being an interesting anecdote from the book.

Latest posts

Top Bottom