Broken Arrow Officer shot on traffic stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they usually do ride two up. Especially on night shifts. Could be wrong though?
Very few departments do unless they’re training rookies. It all comes back to money. Why have two officers in one car tied up on one call when you can have two officers on two calls at the same time?

The bean counters don’t care about safety when they‘re crunching numbers on the spreadsheets. Add to that the “defund the police” movement and the current shortage of officers and finding replacements. It’s going to get worse.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Tulsa - America's most beautiful city"

Remember that slogan? I wonder what changed?
People like paris hilton and others on tv thinking they're special and can throw their trash anywhere they want and somebody will be along to pick it up.
We need the trash police to start arresting everybody and make them work for a few days cleaning up.

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The whole Tulsa area is gross. It has a general malaise type feeling once you get past sand springs coming in from Okc.

Gross? Pft. I like it up here much better than OKC/Moore/Norman. Much easier to get around and the suburbs are a lot better. The only attraction that OKC has that Tulsa doesn't is NBA. Honestly, if I could get my bro and sis to move up here the only thing I would go back down to that area for would be an ENS meetup. Wouldn't even go that way to drive to Texas...

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gross? Pft. I like it up here much better than OKC/Moore/Norman. Much easier to get around and the suburbs are a lot better. The only attraction that OKC has that Tulsa doesn't is NBA. Honestly, if I could get my bro and sis to move up here the only thing I would go back down to that area for would be an ENS meetup. Wouldn't even go that way to drive to Texas...
It is always funny to me how polarizing the Tulsa vs OKC opinions are haha. Im glad people are happy in both for sure and I would never tell anyone their preferred place to call home is garbage.

I definitely bias to OKC though for myself. Fast lane on ramps have to be the craziest thing I have seen and Tulsa has a few of them. I'm sure this is my "privilege" talking, but driving through a neighborhood and seeing rows of $500k+ houses and then a street of dilapidated low income housing blows my mind. Things also always felt like they moved a lot slower in Tulsa when I worked up there. That could've just been due to me commuting there from NW OKC and I was in a rush to get all of my stuff done so I could head back down the turnpike though.

The great thing about Tulsa is their selection of things to do. It seems like there is always something going on up there from spring to fall and we do take the kids up there frequently depending on whats going on.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is always funny to me how polarizing the Tulsa vs OKC opinions are haha. Im glad people are happy in both for sure and I would never tell anyone their preferred place to call home is garbage.

I definitely bias to OKC though for myself. Fast lane on ramps have to be the craziest thing I have seen and Tulsa has a few of them. I'm sure this is my "privilege" talking, but driving through a neighborhood and seeing rows of $500k+ houses and then a street of dilapidated low income housing blows my mind. Things also always felt like they moved a lot slower in Tulsa when I worked up there. That could've just been due to me commuting there from NW OKC and I was in a rush to get all of my stuff done so I could head back down the turnpike though.

The great thing about Tulsa is their selection of things to do. It seems like there is always something going on up there from spring to fall and we do take the kids up there frequently depending on whats going on.
I have always equated it to Tulsa=Dallas —- OKC = Houston

Latest posts

Top Bottom