Broken Arrow Officer shot on traffic stop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say this, I drive through that area 100 times a month and it is a pretty nice area accept for Camino Villa Trailer Park that place is ROUGH! It’s kind of hidden you dont know what is back there unless you drive it. I drove around it once a few years back it felt third world, like I should have my AR in the next seat third world. Of course between me and Camino Villa there is Johanna Woods and that place is one of the nicest and well kept Trailer Parks I have ever seen. So I would hazard a guess that the other two occupants scampered back into the Villa and wont be found. The shooter was found, he was in dead in the woods behind the post office on 71st, they have not released the cause of death. There is a better than fair chance that black mountain lion might have got him.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, but close. OKC is Dallas North and Tulsa is Austin but with oil and 35-40 years ago.
I’m not sure that there’s enough money to get me to move to OKC area.
Bro Tulsa is nowhere near a progressive and crazy as Austin, not yet at least but if that ever happens I am leaving the state for good! I would not move back to OKC either, didn't like it when I was there. All the good lakes are the east side so I dont suppose I will leave until I have to or it becomes a blue or purple state,

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bro Tulsa is nowhere near a progressive and crazy as Austin, not yet at least but if that ever happens I am leaving the state for good! I would not move back to OKC either, didn't like it when I was there. All the good lakes are the east side so I dont suppose I will leave until I have to or it becomes a blue or purple state,
Thats why he said Austin 35-40 years ago. I could see either of your comparisons. I would consider moving to the NE part of the state once the kids are out of school, but I couldnt live around Tulsa proper.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa is rapidly - rapidly becoming more like Austin.

I've lived/worked here for 56 years, it's not the same town I grew up in - not by a long shot. (I no longer live here, we bought a house in Sapulpa in 97 so kids would be in a better school district)

Every town has changed in the last 40 years, but watching Tulsa become a checkerboard of areas that are alternately decent versus ghetto is sad. There was someone killed at 21st and Memorial this morning - a common occurrence in a neighborhood I used to ride a bike in. We have devolved into a Third World society in a lot of areas, and you can call it what you want, but the changes took place as the demographics changed.

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LOL... Always shots fired from the OKC area boys, when they live in a glass house to say the very least.
Haha, absolutely. I am just used to it here because it is where I grew up. I will say Tulsa is not too far down on my list compared to a LOT of other places I have had to spend some time working.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m not surprised. Unfortunately, BA has more than doubled in population in the past 25 years and now stands at 100K+ people. It ain’t anymore the “quaint little town“ it was when I first moved to the area years ago.
For officer safety in today's world maybe they should be two to a car now.
Car 54 where are you?

Latest posts

Top Bottom