4x4 For Hunting - Should I Go Big Or Small?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a hunting rig i'd go medium -1st gen Tundra access cab. Not to big, not too small, and will take you as far into the woods as you want to go. I wouldn't recommend a double cab because the turning radius is huge, those trucks were never built to be that long. But I love mine

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking the main benefit would be not for carcasses but wet muddy decoys and waders. Just throw them under the bed cover and lock them up without having them in the main passenger Area. I could leave them there until next time. Everything in the truck ready to go.

I do this to some extent, however you'll need to hang up your waders to dry, or they get nasty fast!

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For a hunting rig i'd go medium -1st gen Tundra access cab. Not to big, not too small, and will take you as far into the woods as you want to go. I wouldn't recommend a double cab because the turning radius is huge, those trucks were never built to be that long. But I love mine

The current Ford Supercrew F150 with the short bed is the same length as a standard cab F150 with a long bed. 231.9 inches for both.

If you want to go just about anywhere, get a CJ5.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, Im gonna get a '13 Silverado to replace my totaled one...however this time I will get the Z71 and "if" I find myself in the woods with it, itll get used, if not oh eFFin well Im gonna love this thing!

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2003 Duramax already modded out winch, bumpers, 6" lift, mods to motor 20 in town 22-24 highway, rebuilt tranny transfer case, new brakes and front end. Found used at a great price just have to be able to jump quick! Would stay away from Avalanche lots of plastic that likes to fall off

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2003 Duramax already modded out winch, bumpers, 6" lift, mods to motor 20 in town 22-24 highway, rebuilt tranny transfer case, new brakes and front end. Found used at a great price just have to be able to jump quick! Would stay away from Avalanche lots of plastic that likes to fall off

Where this be?

Kinda nervous though that the chevy guys say they like them it's bc parts are cheaper while the nissan guys like them and don't seem to worry about needing parts so much. Lol

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where this be?

Kinda nervous though that the chevy guys say they like them it's bc parts are cheaper while the nissan guys like them and don't seem to worry about needing parts so much. Lol

Exactly...You can buy a Chevy and spend more time in the shop than the woods, or you can buy an import and actually get to use the damn thing. I'm not saying import parts don't break, but usually it's due to the owner doing something stupid as opposed to rebuilding your truck every two years because everything's worn out

Latest posts

Top Bottom