5.11 Tactical pants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks buying American is the way to go whenever possible, as long as the American made product is within reason. I try to buy American and have been known to pay more for it, but not double to triple the price. Especially when many times American made is no better quality than Chinese, Korean, or what ever. Just because the workers are Americans does not give them a pass on poor workmanship.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_10_20_d53205c166243cfde044d63c6af22b52.jpg

On topic, this has given me a couple brands/styles to look at the next time I get pants. My current pairs aren't fitting so well since I picked up running.

blazeitornot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks buying American is the way to go whenever possible, as long as the American made product is within reason. I try to buy American and have been known to pay more for it, but not double to triple the price. Especially when many times American made is no better quality than Chinese, Korean, or what ever. Just because the workers are Americans does not give them a pass on poor workmanship.
I'm glad you're trying to buy American, but when you pay more for American goods that YOU'RE PAYING FOR A STANDARD OF LIVING. You're paying for cleaner water/air and safer factories. You're paying for the healthcare that is now required. Also, Americans make great stuff. American Apparel shirts are the most comfortable on the planet. Round House and All American jeans are great. The BS "poor American workmanship" line is a sad and pathetic way to excuse a willful commitment to exploitation. People that pretend to have no faith in American workers are just awful.

These days a two earner household doesn't go as far a single earner household used to. America is slowly getting the standard of living it deserves.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone tried the 5.11 Tactical pants? Are they as comfortable as I keep hearing? Are they worth the price? (wear well, do not fade quickly)

The original weight ones, not sure what they're called (not the lightweight ones), hold up great.

I've got one pair that I've owned for many years. That one pair lasted through a tour in Iraq, a half dozen training classes, 3 run and guns, and a few hunting trips.

Only thing I don't like about them is the big ass back pockets. My wallet tends to turn sideways in 'em.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom