50 cal. carry rules.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

50GI Jess

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi again,
Makes some sense after reading Buzzdraw's post. Just got a little frustrated everytime I have to unload my Mod.1 50GI when entering OK, and loading my 45 ACP. After doing this for years, I started to wonder, why OK had this rule in the first place. And I think OK is actually the only state with this special/unusual regulation.
Thanks again,
Jess Christensen
50GI-Pistolsmith

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone who feels the need to carry any caliber bigger than 45 or a gun with a barrel longer than 16" sort of reminds me of this guy. :)

Seriously though, I don't think you'd need 50 GI unless you're John Connor and you need to dispatch time-travelling killer robots on a regular basis. The law is stupid, but frankly as I sit here at my parent's house in IL I'm thankful that I can carry at all.

Also, pro tip: if you want to sign your posts, it's easier to set a signature in your user control panel than to type it out every time.

50GI Jess

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi poopgiggle,
Why carry a 45, when you can get by with a 9 ! No seriously, I don't think one can have enough gun, when your life is on the line.
Also, when selfdefense with firearms takes place, then in my opinion, as few shots as possible used, would be more responsible. Especially if in a puplic setting.
Thanks for all the info on this site.
J.C.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
**** it, just carry a .308 handgun.

awww.kitsune.addr.com_Firearms_Single_Shot_Pistols_Magnum_Lone_Eagle.jpg

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi poopgiggle,
Why carry a 45, when you can get by with a 9 ! No seriously, I don't think one can have enough gun, when your life is on the line.
Also, when selfdefense with firearms takes place, then in my opinion, as few shots as possible used, would be more responsible. Especially if in a puplic setting.
Thanks for all the info on this site.
J.C.

With modern projectiles 9mm will indeed do just fine, and I'll take the cheaper practice, higher magazine capacity, and increased controllability over 45's marginal (at best) improved expansion and penetration.

It's a shame you can't carry 50 GI if you want to, and if you can afford to practice with it then do whatever floats your boat. It's just that I can't think of a realistic situation where 50 GI would be beneficial to have over something OK-legal like 9mm or 40.

Latest posts

Top Bottom