6.5 Creedmoor Lapua brass coming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jcann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kevin Thomas of Lapua states:

May as well go ahead and drive a stake through the heart of this thread right now; Yes, we currently have 6.5 Creedmoor in to works. We discussed this one at length in Finland during a new products development meeting a few months back. Several of us were pushing this one rather hard, due to the tremendous feedback we'd taken on the cartridge, and the popularity that the cartridge has already earned. Not a big one in Europe, but the US market is a significant share of our business, and we most definitely do listen to customer input. The first set ups are currently being done, and the initial trial run and in-house testing will be done shortly after that. If all goes well, we'll move on with production and hopefully make the formal introduction of this one during the SHOT show in January.

Hang on guys, it's coming.

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/6-5-creedmoor-lapua-brass.3908200/page-2

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've decided my next rifle will be a 6.5 Creedmoor. Hard to justify because I have a 6.5 Grendel, but when it comes time that's what I'll get.

Tcox

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's great news. I'll bet that stuff will fly off the shelves. Currently there is a guy on snipershide forming some from 260 (I think 260) and selling them. It appears He'll be out that business soon.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What in the actual eff?
Seriously, the only reason 6.5 Creed exists is that tacticool crowd DON'T RELOAD!!!!
Anyone with a press will (or at least should) go for 6.5x47 since it's a superior cartridge in every aspect.

I guess blown primers will keep the brass sales going ;)
65creed.jpg

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With the small primer pockets, this stuff is pretty awesome. I neck it down for my 22 creedmoor, and can lean on it more than the Hornday 6cm brass. The Lapua brass has a lot more meat in the case head and Web area. Still have to fine tune load development, but running an 80.5gn berger over 3400 fps is fun, especially when the furry targets tend to just tip over in their tracks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom